Yelich took some swings

zhangzk
Jake Rudock is back with the Detroit Lions after being signed to their practice squad. The Lions waived Rudock as they cut their roster down to 53 players by Saturday's deadline. That move paved the way for Matt Cassel to be the team's backup quarterback behind Matthew Stafford. But the Lions announced several more moves Sunday. Detroit signed Rudock Paul Stastny Jersey , linebackers Alex Barrett and Darnell Sankey, cornerback Mike Ford, wide receiver Chris Lacy, safety Rolan Milligan and offensive lineman Dan Skipper to the practice squad. The Lions were also awarded offensive lineman Andrew Donnal from Baltimore and cornerback Dee Virgin from Houston, both via waivers. Detroit waived center Leo Koloamatangi and tackle Brian Mihalik. Another day, another Cincinnati grand slam. Jose Peraza kept up the parade of slams, sending Matt Harvey and the Reds over the NL Central-leading Milwaukee Brewers 8-2 Sunday. Peraza connected in the sixth inning for the Reds’ major league-leading ninth slam this year Mike Smith Jersey , tying the single-season franchise record set in 2002. It was Cincinnati’s second in two games and third in the last eight – pitcher Mike Lorenzen had a pinch-hit slam Saturday, and pitcher Anthony DeSclafani went deep with the bases loaded on June 24 against the Cubs. ”I just tried to hit the ball,” the shortstop said. ”When I hit the ball in the sky, I say, `Wow, it’s a home run.’ Everybody is happy.” Peraza hit his first career slam, tagging reliever Aaron Wilkerson. Eight different Reds have hit grand slams. Adam Duvall is the only player with two. The last-place Reds have won 11 of 14 Oscar Klefbom Jersey , and the last eight of 11 against teams that were in first place when their series started. ”We know we can play with these guys (division leaders),” manager Jim Riggleman said. ”We’ve got to go through those guys and win our share.” Harvey (4-5) allowed two hits in 5 2/3 innings and won his third straight start as the Reds salvaged a split of the four-game series. Ryan Braun’s two-run homer in the ninth allowed the Brewers to avoid their 11th shutout loss of the season. Joey Votto, National League RBI leader Eugenio Suarez and Scott Schebler had consecutive run-scoring singles in the first inning against previously unbeaten rookie Freddy Peralta (3-1). Harvey, acquired in May from the Mets, struck out six and walked none. The right-hander didn’t return after a 54-minute rain delay. ”It was one of those when you come in and try to do as much as you can,” Harvey said. ”You come in and put a heat pack on, but once it creeps up to an hour … That’s the best I’ve felt in a long time. I could smell the CG (complete game) coming or at least getting deep in the game. I was pretty much in control the whole time Tyler Toffoli Jersey , but I’m happy about the outing and another Reds win.” Pitching in a gametime temperature of 93 humid degrees, Harvey retired the first 12 batters before Travis Shaw outflanked a defensive shift with an opposite-field single to left leading off the fifth. Cincinnati’s first six batters reached base against Peralta, who’d allowed just a .093 opponents’ batting average (7 for 75) in his first four starts, all Milwaukee wins. He recovered from throwing 43 pitches in the first inning to retire the last 10 and 15 of the last 16 batters he faced. ”It started out rough,” Milwaukee manager Craig Counsell said. ”He righted it. It was cool to see him right it. That’s a lesson that you’ve got to get it going right away or a big league team will take advantage of it. I thought he handled it very well.” CHANGE OF SCENERY The Brewers optioned .197-hitting SS Orlando Arcia to Triple-A Colorado Springs before the game. ”He’s been a good major league hitter,” Counsell said. ”He’s been a dominant minor league hitter. We’re confident he will get things going again.” MOVING UP Votto’s two hits pushed him past Hall of Famer Frank Robinson into ninth place on the Reds’ career hits list with 1,674. Brandon Phillips is eighth with 1 Nathan MacKinnon Jersey ,774 hits. LAST MINUTE Braun’s ninth-inning homer gave the Brewers at least one in each of their last 19 games at Great American Ball Park, the longest streak by any team, including the Reds. TRAINER’S ROOM Brewers: OF Christian Yelich took some swings before Sunday’s game, the third he’d missed since leaving Thursday’s game with a tight lower back. UP NEXT Brewers: LHP Brent Suter (8-5) is 6-2 with a 3.50 ERA over his last eight starts. Reds: RHP Luis Castillo (5-8) didn’t allow a home run in his last start, but he still leads NL pitchers in homers allowed with 18. http://www.officialusafootballs.com/miami-dolphins