and he has a hell of

zhangzk
Jets fans have been crying about their quarterback situation for years. This time was different. When rookie Sam Darnold was told he’d be starting the opener Youth Chris Kunitz Jersey , his first call was to his parents. “Mom was crying,” Darnold said, via Rich Cimini of ESPN.com. “As usual.” Now she’ll get a chance to see her son become the youngest quarterback to start a regular season opener since the 1970 merger, when the Jets play the Lions. And while that may seem predestined for the third overall pick, he had to play well enough to convince the Jets to trade Teddy Bridgewater and skip dependable veteran Josh McCown. “As a football player, whether it’s Pop Warner, high school, college or now the NFL, your dream is to play the game,” Darnold said. “That’s what I want to do. I just want to go out and play every single day. “If Josh got the nod, I was going to be pumped for him and be the best backup I could be. Now that I know I’m the starter, it’s just an amazing feeling.” Of course, he has a good role model in handling news with grace. McCown said he was “personnaly bummed” to lose the job he held last year Seth Jones Jersey , but that he realized Darnold was ready for the assignment. “Obviously, as a competitor, you’d love to play, but I kind of understood which direction it was headed,” McCown said. “I’m excited for our team and excited for the future. . . . We’re backing it 100 percent.” McCown’s making $10 million this year to support Darnold, which makes it easier to swallow. But if the Jets have finally found their long-term quarterback, there may finally be tears of joy from Jets fans. — Before making the five-hour drive from Cleveland to Buffalo’s training camp, receiver Corey Coleman was advised to leave behind the baggage of his two seasons with the Browns. The injuries, dropped passes, and constant reminders of how Coleman failed to play to the Browns’ first-round draft-pick expectations can all be set aside. The Bills are offering him a clean slate. “We all go through things in life that don’t go our way,” Bills general manager Brandon Beane said Monday, a day after acquiring Coleman in a trade. “I don’t know all what went right or wrong for Corey in Cleveland. But we view it as a fresh start here to earn and compete.” For the relatively small price of a 2020 seventh-round draft pick, Beane took what he called a “low-risk” gamble in a bid to add breakaway speed and play-making potential to one of his team’s most unsettled positions. In Cleveland Ben Bishop Jersey , first-year GM John Dorsey parted ways with a player who came to symbolize the overall dysfunction of the Browns’ previous regime. By trading down in the draft order to select Coleman with the 15th pick in the 2016 draft, the Browns passed on an opportunity to choose eventual Philadelphia Eagles starting quarterback Carson Wentz. Hand injuries limited Coleman to playing just 19 games, during which he caught 56 of the 131 passes thrown in his direction for 718 yards and five touchdowns. That was a significant drop in production for a player who scored an NCAA-leading 20 touchdowns receiving and led the Big 12 with 1,363 yards receiving at Baylor in 2015. Coleman’s tenure in Cleveland will be best remembered for his drop late in the fourth quarter in last season’s finale at Pittsburgh that sealed the Browns’ 0-16 finish. None of that now matters in Buffalo, where the Bills lack established depth at receiver behind starter Kelvin Benjamin. Including Benjamin, acquired in a mid-season trade from Carolina, Buffalo’s four returning receivers combined for 57 catches for 681 yards and six touchdowns last season. Jeremy Kerley, an eighth-year player, was the team’s most notable offseason free-agent addition, while the Bills also used two late-round draft picks to select Ray-Ray McCloud III and Austin Proehl. Beane revisited previous discussions he had with the Browns regarding Coleman, and elected to make the trade two weeks into training camp. “I just thought now was the opportunity to get him in here to start learning this offense versus waiting any longer,” he said. Nothing, however Yanni Gourde Jersey , is guaranteed. “He’s not going to automatically get anything,” Beane said. “He’s got to come here and compete. That’s what I told him on the phone last night.” Pending a physical, Coleman is expected to make his practice debut Tuesday. It’s too early to determine whether he’ll play in Buffalo’s preseason-opener against Carolina on Thursday. Kerley welcomed the added competition Coleman brings to the Bills. “Here, it’s a better opportunity for him to compete. It’s a better opportunity for everyone. Competition is good,” Kerley said. “It’s going to definitely help us boost up a little bit.” As for Coleman’s past, Kerley said the best advice is to forget it. “Whatever happened in Cleveland, that’s over with,” Kerley said. “You’re in a different place, a different atmosphere, different coaches, different situation. You kind of get to redeem yourself.” The trade caught Coleman’s now-former teammate, receiver Jarvis Landry, by surprise. The three-time Pro Bowler Troy Brouwer Jersey , who came to Cleveland in a March trade from Miami, mentored Coleman during their few months together. Landry convinced the 24-year-old to change his diet and schooled him on what it takes to succeed. “Just continue to work hard, continue to grind at it,” said Landry, who spoke to Coleman after the trade became official. “I think he’s got a great grasp of that. And who knows, maybe in Buffalo that continues to carry over, and he has a hell of a career.” Coleman also had issues off the field. He was named in a police report regarding an alleged felonious assault last year, but never charged. He was also sent home from the Browns’ trip to Houston for missing curfew while he was injured. The Bills were assured Coleman doesn’t face possible NFL disciplinary action resulting from the alleged assault. http://www.officialusafootballs.com/indianapolis-colts